Inter Arma, Ilsa, Basilysk + Sickdeer Perform at Metalfest: Dawn of a Dark Dark VI at Adroit Theory | Adroit Theory
page back



Inter Arma, Ilsa, Basilysk + Sickdeer Perform at Metalfest: Dawn of a Dark Dark VI at Adroit Theory

Saturday, January 25, 2020 - Saturday, January 25, 2020

Join the Adroit Theory Crew on Saturday January 25th as we host our second Heavy Metal Concert known as METALFEST!!! And by Heavy Metal, we mean Extreme Death + Black + Doom Metal!! It will be LOUD so be prepared!


Inter Arma + Ilsa + Basilysk + Sickdeer


METAL FEST commences immediately after the conclusion of our Dawn of a Dark Day BeerFest


Admission to METAL FEST is NOT included with your Dawn of a Dark Day BeerFest. 


The price for the optional MetalFest is $15.00 for the concert only or $25.00 for the concert AND Unlimited Tastings. Note, there will NOT be any regular bar service during the METALFEST. If you purchase the $15.00 option consider it a non-alcohol event. 


Bands scheduled to perform include:


Sickdeer - Black metal from Washington, D.C.


Basilysk - Death / Black / Thrashers from Philadelphia. 


Ilsa - Ilsa's approach is as heavy as it is explosive and terrifying. Taking notes from bands like Celtic Frost, Cianide and Asphyx, the D.C.-based band does doom & roll in the right way — never slowing down, never relenting and always riffy and fierce.


Inter Arma - Richmond's INTER ARMA, reigning masters of the slow build, continue to trace a distinctly ambitious trajectory through modern metal. Their impulses tend toward the epic, but never bloat; they meld several styles — doom, sludge, and hard psych — without coming off like dilettantes. 



5:30pm = Doors Open

6:00pm = Sickdeer

7:00pm = Basilysk

8:00pm = Ilsa

9:00pm = Inter Arma

**Band line up and set times subject to change.


This is a 21+ event. There will be plenty of Adroit Theory beer including any of the special releases that remain after the beer festival. 


METAL FEST will be held in a heated tent on the front of the building. It is a rain or shine event. That said, it is January and there are some weather conditions (Ice, Significant Snow, etc) that might force us to reschedule this event. We will make a decision on any rescheduling on the Thursday before the event. In the event of a reschedule, the tentative make-up date is February 1st.