Posted by Mark Osborne on Saturday, September 19, 2015
Join the Adroit Theory Crew as we welcome Strangeways Brewing from Richmond, Virginia into our Tasting Room. They are bringing 25 of their rarest brews; many that have not left the Richmond area. Oh, and don't be surprised if they bring 35 of their own beers!
We will be pouring 40 of our own brews including a CASK of Triptych Saison and three variants of B/A/Y/S - Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout made just for the event. We will also be serving all of our bottled beers that are no longer available on draft. That is over 60+ RARE BEERS in one location! Note, we will be pouring ALL beers at one time, not staging beers to tap as others kick!
This IS a ticketed event, and strictly limited to 500 attendees. Purchase your tickets today! Tickets are available at: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/strangeways-brewing-tap-takeover-adroit-theory-tickets-18423988646
Tap List (subject to change):
1. Phantasmic - East Coast IPA
2. GWAR Blood - Hopped Up Red Ale
3. Gourd of Thunder - Pumpkin Spiced Beer
4. Snake & the Snowman - Belgium Strong Ale (collaboration with Metal Drummer Dave Wittie)
5. Room 237 - Winter Spiced Beer with Belgium Candi Syrup
6. Eternal Youth - Apricot Bier de Guard
7. Wake Me Up Before You Gose - Gose
8. Wake Me Up Before You Gose - Hibiscus Red Wine Barrel Aged Gose
9. Wake Me Up Before You Gose - Ghost Pepper Rum Barrel Aged Gose
10. Portia - Wyld Sisters Raspberry Wild
11. Olivia - Wyld Sisters Blackberry Wild
12. Beatrice - Wyld Sisters Mixed Berry Wild
13. Albino Monkey - Belgian White Ale
14. Woodbooger - Belgian-Style Brown Ale
15. Boom Chocolate - Chocolate Bock beer.
16. A-Bomb Sour - Apple Sour made with Apple Jacks
17. Rot In Hell - Pumpkin Sour
18. Just Say Go! - Barrel Aged Belgium Black Triple (collaboration with Punk/Thrash band Iron Reagan)
19. Guarded By Monkeys - Barrel Aged Bier de guard with Brett
20. Lemon Radler
21. Grapefruit Radler
22. Soledad - Rum Barrel Aged South American Beer
23. Delightfully Immoral Grisette - Barrel Aged with Lavender and Heather
24. Only Brewed for Cuban Links - Wild Ale (Collaboration with The Answer Brewpub and Cigar City Barrel Aged wild beer with fresh Kumquats and Mango's)
25. Virginia Stingo - Horton Red Wine Barrel Aged Strong Ale
Adroit Theory Beers
26. B/A/Y/S - Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels with Tart Cherries
27. B/A/Y/S - Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels with Elderberries
28. B/A/Y/S - Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels with Blood Oranges
29. Triptych - Tart Rambutan Saison
30. CASK: Triptych - Tart Rambutan Saison with Ancho Chilles, Jalapenos, and Mango
31. Lux - Wheatwine
32. Lux - Wheatwine Aged in Tequila Barrels
33. The Devil Made Me - Smoked Porter with Serrano Peppers
34. The Devil Made Me - Smoked Porter with Serrano Peppers Aged in Bourbon Barrels
35. Tenebris - Barleywine
36. Tenebris - Barleywine Aged in Oak Barrels
37. Tenebris - Barleywine Aged in Whiskey Barrels
38. BLVCK Celebration - Imperial Porter Aged in Rum Barrels
39. BLVCK Celebration - Imperial Porter Aged in Oak Barrels
40. Don't Believe the Hype - IPA
41. White Noise - White IPA
42. Angel's Trumpet - Mango IPA Aged in Mezcal Barrels
43. Trendy - Black IPA
44. The Shadow Knows - Imperial Pumpkin Porter Aged in Rum Barrels
45. Hibiscus - IPA
46. Cult 007: Two Headed Dog - Russian Imperial Stout
47. Bloody Roots - Bloody Mary Inspired Imperial Brown Ale
48. Ginger & Pear - Tripel
49. Ortolan Bunting - American Strong Ale
50. Ortolan Bunting - American Strong Ale Aged in Mezcal
51. Ortolan Bunting - American Strong Ale Aged in Bourbon
52. Devil's Breath - Belgian Tripel Aged in Bourbon
53. Devil's Breath - Belgian Tripel Aged in Tequila Barrels
54. B/A/Y/S - Imperial Stout
55. Persona Non Grata - Hibiscus Saison
56. Persona Non Grata - Hibiscus Saison Aged in Carcavelos Barrels
57. G/I/A/A - Imperial IPA
58. Lux - Wheatwine Aged in Gin Barrels
59. Cult 022: Ichabod's Breakfast - Milk Stout
60. Pigs Get What Pigs Deserve - Bacon Brown Ale Aged in Whiskey Barrels
61. B/A/Y/S - Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels
62. Angel's Trumpet - Mango IPA
63. Red Saison - Saison
64. Cult 008: Evil Grace - Imperial Stout
65. Cult 018: Not Your Father's Lederhosen - Octoberfest
We have made a commemorative glass for the event that is marked for 4 and 8 ounce pour sizes. We are utilizing a DRINK TICKET system once inside to simplify things. This includes the following on ALL beers:
1 Drink Ticket = 4 Ounce Pour = $3.00
2 Drink Tickets = 8 Ounce Pour = $6.00
We are charging a $10 entry fee for all guests except Designated Drivers or Childeren under 21 years of age. If you purchase your ticket before 10/10, you will receive the commemorative glass plus 1 Drink Tickets (a $13 Value!). Otherwise, tickets will be available at the gate, and the $10 Entry Fee includes the commemorative glass only. (Note, you do not have to purchase a ticket to attend, but we will only be pouring beer in those attendees with a commemorative glass and wristband).
We will have Food Trucks and other food options all day. Per VA ABC regulations we cannot sell any Growlers of Strangeways Beer. However, we will be able to sell Growlers and Bottles of our own Beer as usual.
Do to the nature of this event and the discount already reflected, Black Heart Society Discounts are not applicable for Entry Fees or Drink Tickets. Discounts will apply for Growlers, Bottles, and Merchandise as usual.
DJ Chris Price will be spining a custom mix from 2-6pm on the patio. With a style as unique as those of the breweries represented at this tap takeover event, music producer and DJ Chris Price (@cpricemusic) will be joining forces with us from 2-6pm to offer up an eclectic mix of underground disco, alternative synth-pop, and other weird stuff (no top 40!) for your drinking pleasure.
Monk's BBQ will be onsite selling a variety of their smoked meats and meals. They will be serving:
- Pulled Pork
- Pulled Chicken
- Bacon on a Stick
- Potato Salad
Paella by Carlos will be onsite selling delicious bowls of Chicken Paella.
We will have a cigar tent set up with several carefully curated cigars available for purchase at $8.00 each for onsite consumption. This includes:
(20) Rocky Patel The Edge Toro Candela (6 x 52)
(20 Camacho Corojo Maduro Churchill (7 x 48)
(22) Alec Bradley Black Market Punk (4 1/4 x 42)
What about weather?
The event is both in the brewery and in our rear lot. If weather is not conducive, we will have a large tent set up in rear lot adjacent to the brewery. It is a rain or shine event.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
We will ID all attendees and give color coded wrist bands. Only attendees above 21 years of age will be given a wrist band allowing them to purchase Drink Tickets.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please park on the street or in the grass field opposite the Brewery.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You may bring your own food, but no outside alcohol. You may bring a leashed dog, but only onto the rear lot or patio. Not inside the brewery.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Phone: (703) 722-3143
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?