Posted by Mark Osborne on Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Join the ATBC Crew as we celebrate being open to the public for 2 Years!!!! Hard to believe, but our 2-Year Anniversary is upon us, and this time, we are breaking out the big guns to celebrate. We have decided to incorporate two other milestones into our celebration. Namely:
B/A/Y/S - Imperial Stout Aged in Cognac: Release Party
We are bottling 300 of B/A/Y/S Cognac, and when you purchase a ticket online (prior to the event) you will receive the OPTION of purchasing a bottle. Not mandatory, but all attendees who purchase a ticket by 1/22 are GUARANTEED at least one bottle of (perhaps) our rarest beer yet! Any additonal bottles will be put on sale at the Tasting Room at noon on Saturday 1/23.
DAWN OF A DARK DAY FESTIVAL: Our Black Beer Party
In addtion to many of our regular offerings, we are breaking out 15 of our black beers, plus special guest taps of black beers. Here is an overview:
- 30 Black Beers including Stouts, Porters, & Black IPA's
- 37+ Beers on Tap Simultaneously
- Guest Taps from Breweries like Hardywood, Reaver Beach, 3 Stars, O'Connor & More
- B/A/Y/S - Cognac Barrel Aged Imperial Stout on Draft & in Bottles
- A Commemorative Glass
- Saffron Gourmet Food Truck
We will be pouring 25 of our own brews including 18 BLACK BEERS. We will also be serving 12+ GUEST BLACK BEERS. That is over 37+ RARE BEERS in one location! Note, we will be pouring ALL beers at one time, not staging beers to tap as others kick! We have made a commemorative glass for the event that is marked for 4 and 8 ounce pour sizes. We are utilizing a DRINK TICKET system once inside to simplify things. This includes the following on ALL beers:
1 Drink Ticket = 4 Ounce Pour = $3.00
2 Drink Tickets = 8 Ounce Pour = $6.00
We are charging a $10 entry fee for all guests except Designated Drivers or Childeren under 21 years of age. If you purchase your ticket before 1/22, you will receive the commemorative glass plus 2 Drink Tickets (a $16 Value!). Otherwise, tickets will be available at the gate, and the $10 Entry Fee includes the commemorative glass and only 1 Drink Ticket. (Note, you do not have to purchase a ticket to attend, but we will only be pouring beer for those attendees with a commemorative glass and wristband). Additional Drink Tickets will be available at the door and inside the event.
We will have Food Trucks and other food options all day. Per VA ABC regulations we cannot sell any Growlers of Guest Beers. However, we will be able to sell Growlers and Bottles of our own Beer as usual.
Due to the nature of this event and the discount already reflected, Black Heart Society Discounts are not applicable for Entry Fees or Drink Tickets. Discounts will apply for Growlers, Bottles, and Merchandise as usual.
Saffron Gourmet Food Truck will be onsite serving a variety of dishes. Check them out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SaffronGourmetTruck
Tap List (subject to change):
Adroit Theory Beers
- B/A/Y/S - Imperial Stout Aged in Cognac Barrels
- B/A/Y/S - Imperial Stout Aged in Tequila Barrels
- Gojira - Russian Imperial Stout with Toasted Coconut
- BLVCK Celebrartion - Imperial Porter Aged in Oak Barrels
- BLVCK Celebrartion - Imperial Porter Aged in Rum Barrels
- The Shadow Knows - Pumpkin Porter Aged in Rum Barrels
- The Devil Made Me - Smoked Porter Aged in Mezcal Barrels
- Surprise Whiskey Barrel Aged Beer - Russian Imperial Stout
- Mushroom Soup Stout - Stout
- Acorn Squash & Farro - Porter
- Cult: Rattle Skull - Milk Stout
- Cult: Borris, the Soviet Love Hammer - Imperial Stout
- Cult: Constructive Destruction - Imperial Stout
- Farro Stout - Stout
- Tamarind Stout - Stout
- Imagination Atrophy - Bourbon Barrel Aged Caramel Macchiato Milk Stout
- Retreat from El Dorado - Black IPA
- Wicked Sister - Black IPA
- Hardywood Christmas Morning - Imperial Stout: Coffee added to Gingerbread Stout
- Lickinghole Creek Chai Tea VA Black Bear - RIS Chai Tea added to VA Black Bear
- 3 Stars Desolation - Porter Rye Whiskey aged Coffee
- Old Busthead Sumatra Gold Cup - RIS Sumatra Coffee added to Gold Cup Stout
- Fair Winds Ghost of the Mariner - Imperial Stout
- Lost Rhino Dark Hours - Imperial Stout Barrel aged Imperial Stout
- Reaver Beach Mahi Vanilla - Milk Stout Tap Room Only Beer
- Adventure Brewing Wicked Nymph (FIRKIN) - Imperial Stout
- Three Notch'd Rogue Gentleman - Fernet Imperial Stout with Star Anise, Mint, and Chocolate
- O'Connor - Iron Clad Ibrik - Imperial Stout with Turkish Coffee Stout Aged in Woodford Reserve Bourbon Barrels
- Strangeways HAVOC - Black IPA
- Strangewasy Freeze Ray - Eisbock
- SURPRISE GUEST TAP!!!!
What about weather?
The event is both in the brewery and in our rear lot. We will have a large heated tent set up in rear lot adjacent to the brewery. It is a rain or shine event.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
We will ID all attendees and give color coded wrist bands. Only attendees above 21 years of age will be given a wrist band allowing them to purchase Drink Tickets.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please park on the street or in the grass field opposite the Brewery.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You may bring your own food, but no outside alcohol. You may bring a leashed dog, but only onto the rear lot or patio. Not inside the brewery.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Phone: (703) 722-3143
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?